heart and hoyts.
6:06:00 PM
Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?
And who told the ocean you can only come this far?
And who showed the moon where to hide 'til evening
Whose words alone can catch a falling star?




I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
All of creation testifies
This life within me cries
I know my Redeemer.

i didnt cry at mel's house. i teared. then i went home to rewatch,
and cried.

why am i so emotionally volatile huh? small things set me off. i cry over videos, i laugh for the weirdest things. and when im too stressed and start laughing hysterically and i curl up into a ball on the floor in lit class and THEN start crying from the laughter and THEN realise i cant stop. YES LIT LESSON, i have damn bad timing. oh and i mood swing and sometimes i dont laugh at all just to piss you off. because everyone wants everyone else to laugh at their jokes. :p and i get angry and agitated and talk alot and talk v fast when i disagree with you over something.

that doesnt seem to bode well for any relationship.
hahahaha.


back to team hoyt.

[Rick] " What I mean when I say I feel like I am not handicapped when competing is that I am just like the other athletes, and I think most of the athletes feel the same way. In the beginning nobody would come up to me. However, after a few races some athletes came around and they began to talk to me. During the early days one runner, Pete Wisnewski had a bet with me at every race on who would beat who. The loser had to hang the winner’s number in his bedroom until the next race. Now many athletes will come up to me before the race or triathlon to wish me luck."

It is hard to imagine now the resistance which the Hoyts encountered early on, but attitudes did begin to change when they entered the Boston Marathon in 1981, and finished in the top quarter of the field. Dick recalls the earlier, less tolerant days with more sadness than anger:

"Nobody wanted Rick in a road race. Everybody looked at us, nobody talked to us, nobody wanted to have anything to do with us. But you can’t really blame them - people often are not educated, and they’d never seen anyone like us. As time went on, though, they could see he was a person — he has a great sense of humor, for instance. That made a big difference."


I didn't realize it then at that moment. but this article is extremely relevent to our project work. with re: to the attitudes people have towards the disabled. (guys! good news! we weren't slacking when we were watching this! ^^)
and then i suddenly realize something else.
when we said our aims were to change the perceptions that youths have towards the disabled, have we ourselves already changed our own perceptions we have towards them? do i look at someone in a wheelchair and consider him as a person or do i only see his wheelchair and inability to move his limbs? have i grown enough, to be in a position to help others to grow and learn?
youths ARE empathetic and bo-chap and careless about things that fall outside their own little world. it's like in our nature. can we change that?

how about.. i believe we can. starting with ourselves.
so, my dear ponies and princesses from swords and light sabers, empathy starts here. (:


abrupt change of topic.
i want to watch 'i am sam'!
):

and a more exciting topic:
im going to get my very own pony soon. SOON.
i cannot wait. LESS THAN TWENTYFOUR HOURS!
and then they're all going to be friends. and have tea parties together or something. paul was talking abt buying dress up itens for his pony.HAHAHAHAA.
i am so excited.
i think i have just lost ten years from my age and mental age.....

dear God, help me!


ale